This app has been on my radar for a long time. TextGrabber + Translator by Abbyy is Apple’s free app of the week. If you’re familiar with the desktop version, then I’m sure you will enjoy this mobile version as well. For those of you unfamiliar with it ABBYY TextGrabber allows you to save and translate any printed text you need with a tap of your screen:
• Travel documents
• Magazine articles
• Book fragments
• Manuals and instructions
• Recipe ingredients, etc.
Check out it’s features as described by the company :
Easy and accurate text or QR-codes capture from printed sources, such as books, magazines, ads, timetables, etc.
• Accurate on-device text recognition for 60+ languages, including German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, English, Chinese, Korean and others
• Instant translation into 90+ languages (Internet connection is required, separate in-app purchase)
• Powerful text-to-speech capability with the VoiceOver system feature
• Adjustable font sizes and audio prompts to assist visually impaired people
• Fast and convenient sharing via Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, email or SMS
• All extracted text is automatically backed up and can be easily found in the “History” folder