The famous Pangu team released a jailbreak for iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 64-bit devices. To use the jailbreak you must download the 25PP installer app (Windows only) and unfortunately, for now it’s semi-tethered. But what if you don’t have Windows?
How about a browser based jailbreak like JailbreakMe? Yes it is possible!
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iphone 6s Plus
- iphone SE
- iPad mini 2,3,4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6G
Of course all of the above devices must be on iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3. All other Apple devices (32-bit) are NOT compatible!
Browser jailbreak tutorial
- Install the PPHelper app. Just click the link from your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Trust the app’s certificate or go to Settings if it does not pop up.
- Start the app and agree to receive notifications
- Tap the circle and lock your device
- Wait for the “Storage almost full” notification along with a message from the PPHelper app. Do NOT unlock yet.
- Your device will re-spring or reboot and you should be able to see Cydia on your device.
Cydia might crash or if you install a Cydia tweak not compatible with iOS 9.3.3, your device will enter safe mode. To fix it re-run the jailbreak process. Because this is a semi-tethered jailbreak, each time you reboot your device, you will have to tap on the PPHelper icon and follow the above process.